As far as I can tell, ‘periodcon.mq4’ supplied by Samuri is actually a later version (v 1.5) of the same indicator in soso_betons’ link (v 1.4).
Version 1.5 apparently has a ‘time shift’ option. According to the notes:
“Added TimeShift option, can be used to shift hour timeframe to generate daily timeframe when your timezone is different from the server, default is zero.”
I haven’t tested this new option yet.
Anyway, here’s what you need to do:
1. Copy periodcon.mq4 to folder
c:\metatrader 4\<supplier folder name>\experts\indicators
2. Run MetaEditor (press F4 from MT4); then load periodcon.mq4 (press Ctrl-O) and compile it (press F5). Then exit MetaEditor (Press Alt-F4).
3. Back in MT4, open the Navigator (Ctrl-N), and drag ‘periodcon’ from the ‘Custom Indicators’ section onto your main chart (e.g. GBPUSD,H1).
4. Set the parameters to suit (e.g. to generate an H2 chart from the H1 chart, set the PeriodMultiplier to 2), and then before you click OK, go to the ‘Common’ tab and ensure that ‘Allow DLL imports’ is checked ON.
5. Run menu option File/Open Offline and select the GBPUSD,H2 chart.
The new H2 chart should update itself in real-time.
Hope this helps
Know this thread has been quiet for awhile…
I’m trying to display shifted 1 hour and 4hour charts…
1) If i want to display 1hour charts with timeshift, I need to use an ‘original’ lets say, 30min and x2 that. Right?
2) I tried to get a 4hour offline chart w timeshift from a 1hour.
edited periodcon timeshift value… can’t quite get the 4hour to shift.
would appreciate abit of help if possible.
My current starting times display kinda crap charts.
Many thanks in advance